Kyeremeh Oppong Daniel(KOD) a third year Chemistry student of the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology has donated 600 pieces of Sanitizers to the less privileged in the kwabre east district(Ashanti Region) to help fight against COVID-19
He emphasised that the country’s welfare is his greatest concern but his heart goes out to mostly the average Ghanaian man or woman who can not provide themselves with sanitizers that can at least stop the spread of the virus in a way.
The items include alcohol based hand sanitizers, protective hand gloves, nose masks and veronica buckets. These items were donated to aid the fight against Coronavirus.
Asenua, Ahwiaa, Buokrom Estate and Asorenkwanta in the Kwabre district were some of the communities that benefited from this donation exercise.
As part of the efforts to help fight COVID-19 he begun to ask himself these questions
•How many people are well informed?
• How many people can adhere to these preventive measures?
• How many people can afford these hand sanitizers?
• Would the situation get worse in our country?
• Would there be a lock down? Can the nation afford it?
• If an immune booster is really necessary, is everyone aware of this and can every individual roaming the street afford one?
• What can I do to help in the fight against COVID-19?
He took an initiative which is about the little he has learnt which only saw the production of sanitizers and liquid soaps.
The street is his target as most of the people who resides there would not be able to provide themselves with these things so he decided to give it away without a charge
He concluded that
“The battle against COVID-19 is not for the swift or the rich or the eloquent or even scientists all over the world. It is just beautiful to see ud fight this together im love, a time we can peacefully narrate as we recollect we fought this pandemic in love”
xplonline/By :Priscilla Fordjour